Company Overview

Adairs is a leading specialty retailer of home furnishings in Australia with a national footprint of stores across a number of store formats. Our strategy is to present customers with a differentiated proposition, combining on-trend fashion products, quality staples, strong value and superior in-store customer service.

The Adairs' product range currently includes categories such as bedlinen, bedding, towels, homewares, soft furnishings, children's furnishings as well as occasional and bedroom furniture.

With vertically integrated product design, development, sourcing, distribution, and retail operations, approximately 90% of Adairs' range is sold under its own private brands, with the other 10% of its range third party national brands. This business model is essential to Adairs' differentiated product offer and customer value proposition. It enables Adairs to consistently deliver quality product, value and exclusive product to its stores on a frequent and regular basis.

Today Adairs has in excess of 160 stores across Australia in five physical store formats, comprising Adairs, Adairs Homemaker, Adairs Kids, UHR and Adairs Outlets. It also has a fast growing and profitable online store. Adairs has established a highly valued and important customer loyalty program called 'Linen Lovers'. Under this program, members pay $19.95 for a two-year membership that provides access to lower prices in-store and online, access to exclusive offers and events and free delivery for online orders.

In recent years, the Senior Leadership Group has been broadened with significant investment in recruiting experienced and highly capable executives; particularly in the areas of product design and development, merchandise planning, IT and omni-channel marketing.

The broader Adairs team operate with a single purpose 'It's about the customer, always'.

Company Timeline

1981 First incarnation of Adairs as a specialty retailer opens in Victoria
1991 First interstate store opened
1995 Linen Lovers Club is launched
1997 First Adairs Homemaker store opened
1999 Commenced Trading Online
2004 Started developing our own proprietary brands
2006 Opened our first Urban Home Republic and Adairs Kids stores
2008 Adairs reaches 100 stores
2013 Achieves 300k active Linen Lovers members
2014 Implemented new end to end ERP solution - Microsoft Dynamics AX
2015 90% of product now sold under Adairs own designer brands
2015 Sales turnover surpasses $200m ex GST